2022 Annual SCWHE Conference
Join us in person or virtually for the 2022 SCWHE Annual Conference. We will be observing social distancing and other public health recommendations.
The conference is scheduled for February 3-4, 2022, beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday. The conference fee includes workshops, keynote speakers and meals during the conference. If you attended the 2021 Annual Conference, you are entitled to 10% off the 2022 conference registration. Watch out for the SCWHENetwork email for your discount code to register for the discounted amount.
Deadlines & Fees
The registration deadline for the annual conference is January 21, 2022.
- In-Person Registration Fee is $189.
- 2021 Conference Attendee’s Registration Fee is $175.50.
- Virtual Registration Fee is $120.
- 2021 Conference Attendee’s Virtual Registration Fee is $108.
The virtual conference experience will include live streams of two keynote presentations and SCWHE choice of session speakers.
The SCWHE Annual Conference overnight accommodations are provided by Hyatt Place North Charleston, 2455 Prospect Drive, North Charleston, South Carolina. The conference rate is $99.00 per night plus 14% tax and fees. The total nightly cost is $112.86. Standard King and Double rooms are available. The SCWHE rate is open until January 3, 2022. Make reservations by calling the hotel at 843-735-7100 and ask for the SCWHE conference rate.
If you are an Institutional Representation (IR) or board member that plans to attend the IR Workshops on February 3, 2022, you must register for the conference and the IR Workshops. SCWHE is offering the IR Workshops free of charge.
SCWHE Scholarship for Women Graduate Students and/or New Professionals
South Carolina Women in Higher Education (SCWHE) is offering scholarships for women graduate students and new professionals in the field of higher education (3 years or less) to attend the annual conference on February 3 & 4. The scholarship covers the cost of conference registration fees and meals. Travel and accommodation subsistence is the institution’s responsibility, another sponsor and/or the scholarship recipient.
Limited scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is Wednesday, December 1, 2021. (Note: The deadline to reserve a room at the Hyatt Place North Charleston is the first week in January or while the conference rate block of rooms is available. Information is also located on the SCWHE website so consider this when submitting your scholarship application, conference registration, and room reservation.)
Program at a Glance
Thursday, February 3
- 9:00-11:30 IR workshop
- 1:00-1:30 Welcome by Susan Pope, President of SCWHE
- 1:30-1:45 Dr. Mary Thornley, President of Trident Technical College
- 1:45-2:30 Keynote Speaker
- Session 1: Resilience in Education
- Session 2: Attract, Retain and Motivate Talent
- Session 1: Tenure and Promotion Process – Fear and Anxiety
- Session 2: How Skills like Problem Solving, Interpersonal Skills, and Emotional Intelligence Contribute to Building Resilience
- 4:30 Networking and Happy Hour
- 5:30 Dinner
Friday, February 4
Please check out of the hotel before the event.
- 9:00-9:30 Opening by Susan Pope, President of SCWHE
- 9:30-10:30 Panel: Advisory Board Members
- Session 1: Resilience and Mental Health
- Session 2: Trauma Informed Education
- 12:00 Lunch and Networking